Fruit and Veggie Muffin Recipe
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – Mini muffins: 8-10 minutes, Regular muffins: 15-2o minutes.
- 1 cup AP flour (or 1/2 cup whole wheat and 1/2 cup AP flour)
- 3 T canola oil *
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed or grated fruit or veggie **See ideas below!
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar and mashed fruit or veggie. Whisk. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix until it forms into batter. I use my hand mixer beaters. Add nuts if you like.
- Pour into muffin cups like this.
- Mini muffins: Bake 8-10 minutes. Regular muffins: Bake 15-2o minutes. Tops will turn golden.
- Cool on cooling rack and then serve to hungry little people!
* Oil: If I double the recipe, then I will use 3 Tbsp applesauce and 3 Tbsp canola oil instead of 6 Tbsp canola oil.
**Fruits and Veggies: 1 cup mashed banana, 1 cup grated apple, 1 cup squash AND 1 cup grated apple (double the recipe), 1 cup grated carrots (add 1/2 cup raisins if you like), 1 cup peeled and grated zucchini, 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup bananas AND 1 cup strawberries (double the recipe)…or 1 cup of any other veggie you like…just mash or grate them up!
UPDATE: These freeze beautifully! Thaw in just 10 seconds in the microwave, or in a few minutes on the counter.