- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed or grated fruit or veggie **See ideas below!
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 12-muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar and mashed fruit or veggie. Whisk. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix until it forms into batter. Add nuts if you like.
- Pour into prepared muffin tin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until tops are golden.
- Cool on cooling rack and then serve to hungry little people!
* Oil: If I double the recipe, then I will use 3 Tbsp applesauce and 3 Tbsp canola oil instead of 6 Tbsp canola oil.
**Fruits and Veggies: 1 cup mashed banana, 1 cup grated apple, 1 cup squash AND 1 cup grated apple (double the recipe),Â 1 cup grated carrots (add 1/2 cup raisins if you like), 1 cup peeled and grated zucchini, 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup bananas AND 1 cup strawberries (double the recipe)…or 1 cup of any other veggie you like…just mash or grate them up!
UPDATE: These freeze beautifully! Thaw in just 10 seconds in the microwave, or in a few minutes on the counter.