I love chicken. I love spinach. I love tortillas. And cheese, oh how I love thee.
(I miss cheese. It won’t be long until I get to rekindle my relationship with cheese. Story is, I suspect Tyler has a dairy intolerance, so I don’t eat much of it these days.)
Put it all together…and droooooolllllll……….
Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 6 minutes
- 1 grilled chicken breast ($.83)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes ($.75)
- 2 handfuls baby spinach ($.50)
- 2 cups shredded quesadilla blend cheese ($1.50)
- 8 whole wheat tortillas ($1)
- Sour cream for dipping ($.25)
- Dice the grilled chicken breast and quarter the cherry or grape tomatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the diced chicken, quartered tomatoes, baby spinach and Wisconsin Queso Quesadilla Cheese.
- Lay out a tortilla on a clean, flat surface and arrange the chicken, spinach and cheese mixture onto the tortilla.
- Add another tortilla to the top of the quesadilla and heat it on a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium high heat for
- 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until cheese has melted through.
- Remove quesadilla from the griddle or skillet and cut with a pizza cutter. Let cool slightly before serving. Serve warm.
- Serve Chicken and Spinach Queso Quesadillas with sour cream for dipping.
Note: In place of the quesadilla cheese, you can use shredded Mexican blend or shredded mozzarella as a substitute.