Using up the leftover chicken from last week, with some peppers I sliced and froze before BlogHer…Yum! Having frozen the veggies and used leftover cooked chicken, this meal was an easy throw together!!!
1 tsp canola or vegetable oil ($.05)
2 cups leftover chicken ($1.78)
1/2 green pepper ($.25)
1/2 orange pepper ($.50)
1/2 onion ($.15)
1 tsp ground cumin ($.05)
Few dashes of Tabasco sauce ($.10)
8 flour tortillas ($1) On sale 10/$1.25 the other week, and use corn tortillas if GF!
1 cup homemade and garden fresh Pico de Gallo($.25)
1 16 oz. bag of frozen corn ($.68)
Few pinches of ground cumin ($.01)
Few dashes of Tabasco, to taste ($.10)
*Other options to add to your soft taco: Homemade Guacamole, Shredded Cheese or Sour Cream.
1. Add oil to skillet with leftover chicken and sliced (and frozen) green pepper, orange pepper and onions. Add ground cumin and a few dashes of tabasco sauce. Saute for 4-5 minutes, or until peppers/onions have thawed and softened.
2. Prepare fresh pico de gallo.
3. Add chicken and peppers mixture to tacos. I added some pico de gallo into my soft tacos!
4. Cook frozen corn according to package directions. Once cooked, drain any excess liquid and add a few pinches of ground cumin and a few dashes of tabasco sauce, to taste. Stir through.
5. Serve Chicken Soft Tacos with Pico de Gallo and Kickin’ Corn!