It’s great to be home. And it’s great to be back in the kitchen.
The first half of the day, I wandered around the kitchen…feeling lost. Lost in my own kitchen!
But once dinner time rolled around, I was fully re-acquainted and ready to cook!
Chicken and Broccoli Stirfry
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes (+30 min for marinade)
Cooking Time – 20-25 minutes
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 small white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup rice
- 1 large apple, sliced
1. Cube chicken and toss with oil and soy sauce, plus salt and pepper, in the wok/skillet you plan to use. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime, prep the rest of dinner. If you plan to marinate longer than 30 minutes, put in the fridge!
2. Peel onion, garlic and thaw the peppers.
3. Cut the florets off the broccoli head and cut the onion and peppers into quarter size pieces.
4. Turn on the burner “full blast” and get the skillet screaming hot with the chicken and marinade inside. Toss the chicken often. Once the chicken has begun to cook, add the vegetables in with the chicken and toss around. Add the crushed garlic too.
5. Cook in the screaming hot skillet. Toss. Toss.
6. Toss. Until all the chicken has cooked through.
7. While the stir-fry is “stir-frying,” cook the rice as directed on package.
8. Serve Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry. We ate this with some apple slices!
I think this would be awesome if you substituted the soy sauce with teriyaki sauce!