It’s great to be home. And it’s great to be back in the kitchen.
The first half of the day, I wandered around the kitchen…feeling lost. Lost in my own kitchen!
But once dinner time rolled around, I was fully re-acquainted and ready to cook!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 small white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup rice
- 1 large apple, sliced
- Cube chicken and toss with oil and soy sauce, plus salt and pepper, in the wok/skillet you plan to use.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime, prep the rest of dinner. If you plan to marinate longer than 30 minutes, put in the fridge!
- Peel onion, garlic and thaw the peppers.
- Cut the florets off the broccoli head and cut the onion and peppers into quarter size pieces.
- Turn on the burner “full blast” and get the skillet screaming hot with the chicken and marinade inside. Toss the chicken often.
- Once the chicken has begun to cook, add the vegetables in with the chicken and toss around. Add the crushed garlic too.
- Cook in the screaming hot skillet. Toss. Toss.
- Toss. Until all the chicken has cooked through.
- While the stir-fry is “stir-frying,” cook the rice as directed on package.
- Serve Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry. We ate this with some apple slices!
- I think this would be awesome if you substituted the soy sauce with teriyaki sauce!