Clearin’. It. Out.
We enjoyed this tilapia (on sale for $1.99/lb!) with Brussels sprouts from the freezer, and rolls from the freezer.
Summertime Pantry Challenge continues…
Breaded Tilapia with Sauteed Zucchini and Tomatoes
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 13 minutes
- 4 tilapia fillets, about 1.1lbs ($2.12)
- 1 egg whisked ($.10)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs ($.25)
- 1 zucchini, diced ($.59)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved ($1.99)
- 1 12 oz bag frozen Brussels sprouts ($.80)
- Sister Schubert’s frozen rolls ($.75)
- Butter and jelly ($.25)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Thaw the tilapia fillets if necessary.
- Dip the tilapia in the whisked egg, then dust with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then flip and bake for another 6 minutes, or until the tilapia has cooked through.
- In a skillet, saute the diced zucchini and halved grape tomatoes with some salt and pepper. Saute over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the tomatoes have popped and wilted and the zucchini has turned opaque in color.
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts and bread as directed.
- Serve Breaded Tilapia with Zucchini and Tomatoes on top, along with Brussels sprouts and Bread.
(This would have been well under $5 if I’d waited and used tomatoes from my garden!) __________________________________________________
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here. To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!