Clearin’. It. Out.
We enjoyed this tilapia (on sale for $1.99/lb!) with Brussels sprouts from the freezer, and rolls from the freezer.
Summertime Pantry Challenge continues…
- 4 frozen tilapia fillets
- 1 large egg whisked
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 ping grape tomatoes halved
- 12 oz. bag frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1 bag Sister Schubert's frozen rolls
- Butter and jelly
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Thaw the tilapia fillets if necessary.
- Dip the tilapia in the whisked egg, then dust with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then flip and bake for another 6 minutes, or until the tilapia has cooked through.
- In a skillet, saute the diced zucchini and halved grape tomatoes with some salt and pepper. Saute over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the tomatoes have popped and wilted and the zucchini has turned opaque in color.
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts and bread as directed.
- Serve Breaded Tilapia with Zucchini and Tomatoes on top, along with Brussels sprouts and Bread.
(This would have been well under $5 if I’d waited and used tomatoes from my garden!)