Pictured above: the mixins.
This is a quick and easy pasta salad. And quite refreshing too.
(Too bad, it’s cool and wet outside today!)
Bacon, Broccoli and Tomato Pasta Salad
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 2 cups elbows or penne pasta noodles ($.50) Almost out of my $.50 boxes of pasta!
- 6 strips of bacon or turkey bacon ($.50) Bought this past week for $1.5o/package.
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets ($.79)
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes ($.19)
- About 1/2 cup homemade ranch dressing (or your favorite store bought!) ($.40)
- Fresh fruit ($.50) We had apple slices.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the box. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet or in the microwave on paper towels. Let cool, then crumble.
- Steam the broccoli florets for just 2 or 3 minutes, in a stovetop steamer or in the microwaveable bowl with 1/2 cup of water, covered with plastic wrap.
- Place the cooked and cooled pasta in a large mixing bowl and toss with the crumbled bacon, broccoli florets, diced tomatoes and homemade ranch dressing. Toss. Toss. Toss.
- Serve BBT Pasta Salad with fresh fruit.