Pictured above: the mixins.
This is a quick and easy pasta salad. And quite refreshing too.
(Too bad, it’s cool and wet outside today!)
- 2 cups elbows or penne pasta noodles
- 6 strips of bacon or turkey bacon
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch dressing
- Fresh fruit
- Cook the pasta as directed on the box. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet or in the microwave on paper towels. Let cool, then crumble.
- Steam the broccoli florets for just 2 or 3 minutes, in a stovetop steamer or in the microwaveable bowl with 1/2 cup of water, covered with plastic wrap.
- Place the cooked and cooled pasta in a large mixing bowl and toss with the crumbled bacon, broccoli florets, diced tomatoes and homemade ranch dressing. Toss. Toss. Toss.
- Serve BBT Pasta Salad with fresh fruit.