College students, want to impress your parents? Husbands, your wives? Anyone want to impress company?? Then THIS is for you.
Oh, yeah, I guess you can feed it to the kiddos too!
I am eating the baked cheddar chicken right now as leftovers. And I do not eat left overs. Luckily for me, unfortunately, my husband left his lunch at home today so it’s all mine.
This is a very pretty easy to prepare, but get ready for all the compliments afterwords. I would say it’s definitely a “need to make dinner for company recipe!” It even looks like you spent a lot of time on it!
After the chicken is in the pan, I just dumped the left over cheese & cracker crumbs on top of it. I love crust.
Baked Cheddar Chicken
Yield – 7 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- 5 large chicken breasts
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/2 C milk
- 3 C cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1 14 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 2 T butter
- 2 T sour cream
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
- In a gallon size baggie, smash ritz crackers into crumbs. (The kids love this part)
- Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk, cheese & crumbs in succession.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan.
- Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients (soup, sour cream & butter) into a microwaveable safe dish, and cook until it’s stir-able melty and warm.
- Spread the sauce over the chicken once it’s been served. And WOW them!
Cost $ 9.55