College students, want to impress your parents? Husbands, your wives? Anyone want to impress company?? Then THIS is for you.
Oh, yeah, I guess you can feed it to the kiddos too!
I am eating the baked cheddar chicken right now as leftovers. And I do not eat leftovers. Luckily for me, unfortunately, my husband left his lunch at home today so it’s all mine. 🙂
This is very easy to prepare, but get ready for all the compliments afterwords. I would say it’s definitely a “need to make dinner for company recipe!” It even looks like you spent a lot of time on it!
After the chicken is in the pan, I just dumped the left over cheese & cracker crumbs on top of it. I love crust.
Baked Cheddar Chicken
Yield – 7 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- 5 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 14 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Favorite side dish like rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
- In a gallon size baggie, smash ritz crackers into crumbs. (The kids love this part)
- Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk, cheese & crumbs in succession, and lay in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken in the pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and butter in a small sauce pan on the stove and heat until mixed together and warm. Spread the sauce over the chicken prior to serving.
- Prepare fresh veggies.
- Serve Baked Cheddar Chicken with fresh veggies.