Basically, I just made the sauce and poured it over a beef roast, instead of chicken,Â in the slow cooker.Â Time to prep: 2 minutes.
Served with some baked sweet potatoes. Time to prep: 2 minutes.
And some steamed green beans from the garden (they keep coming and coming and coming…) Time to prep: 5 minutes.
Seriously, aÂ very hands off meal to prepare!Â Just needs time in the slow cooker and in the oven!
(Oh, and the other half of the beef roast went into the freezer!)
- 2.2 lb. beef roast ($5.15 divided by 2 = $2.60)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (free) This was the last of my free BBQ sauce! Bought with $1 coupon when on sale for $1.
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing ($.10) Bought the bottle for $.49 this week!
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar ($.02)
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce ($.05)
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 1.5 lbs.) ($1.32) Bought for $.88/lbthese will be MUCH cheaper in the coming months.
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon ($.05)
- Butter or margarine, if you prefer! We dont.
- Green Beans (from the garden)
- Place beef roast in the slow cooker.
- In small bowl, whisk together BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and worcestershire sauce. Pour over the beef roast. Set slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Cut slits into sweet potatoes. Place in glass baking dish with 1/4 inch of water and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft and cooked through. Cooking time can vary depending on thickness of the sweet potatoes. Serve with some sprinkles of cinnamon and butter/margarine if you prefer.
- Wash and cut stems from green beans. Steam in stovetop steamer, or in microwavable dish with water, covered in plastic.
- Serve Zesty BBQ Beef Roast with Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans.