This is a great sauce – I mixed it up, poured it over a beef roast, and let the slow cooker take care of the rest.
Time to prep slow cooker: 2 minutes.
Served with some baked sweet potatoes.
Time to prep potatoes to bake: 2 minutes.
And some steamed green beans from the garden (they keep coming and coming and coming…)
Time to prep: 5 minutes.
Seriously, a very hands off meal to prepare! Just needs time in the slow cooker and in the oven!
(Oh, and the other half of the beef roast went into the freezer!)
- 2.2 lb. beef roast
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- butter for the potatoes
- Place beef roast in the slow cooker.
- In small bowl, whisk together BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and worcestershire sauce. Pour over the beef roast. Set slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Cut slits into sweet potatoes. Place in glass baking dish with 1/4 inch of water and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft and cooked through. Cooking time can vary depending on thickness of the sweet potatoes. Serve with some sprinkles of cinnamon and butter/margarine if you prefer.
- Wash and cut stems from green beans. Steam in stovetop steamer, or in microwavable dish with water, covered in plastic.
- Serve Zesty BBQ Beef Roast with Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans.