This white chicken chili is divine. It’s packed with great flavors and has just the right “creamy kick.” Actually, it doesn’t really have any kick at all…thanks to the sour cream toning down the super mild spice from the green chilies.
I made this for our church group dinner not long ago, and it received a number of compliments…from both parents and kids!
With the added protein from the Great Northern white beans, this chili is also quite filling!
I ended up having 2 bowls worth, along with a bunch of other food at our church group potluck! So, so, so yummy…you’ve got to give this White Chicken Chili a try!
HamBeens Great Northern beans can be found on the dry bean aisle at your grocery store!
White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1 lb. HamBeens Great Northern beans*
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 4 oz. can green chilies
- 4 cups chicken stock, broth or bouillon equivalent
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Soak and cook the Great Northern white beans as directed. Will take 1 1/2 hours to cook the beans. *You'll only need 2 cups of the cooked beans for this recipe. Remaining cooked beans can be cooled and frozen to use in future recipes.
- In a large saucepan or pot, add the chicken breasts, onion, green chilies, stock, ground cumin and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add 2 cups of the cooked Great Northern white beans.
- Let simmer about 3o minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken.
- Immediately before serving, stir in the sour cream and cream/milk.
- Serve White Chicken Chili with side of fresh veggies.