No more sad, dry chicken dinners at your house!
Learn how to make the juiciest chicken ever by pan roasting split chicken breasts. With the juices from the skillet, you can make the most delicious gravy. Watch to learn how…
New cooking videos are released weekly, so please Like this Video & Subscribe to the $5 Dinners Channel!
Video: How to Pan-Roast Split Chicken Breasts
Featured Products: How to Pan-Roast Split Chicken Breasts
Recipe: Pan Roasted Split Chicken Breasts with Homemade Gravy
- 3 bone-in split chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp garlic powder or onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or oven-safe large saucepan. Using tongs, brown the skin and flesh of all sides of the split chicken breasts. Set aside and repeat until all 3 are browned. Then return all of the chicken breasts into the Dutch oven or saucepan.
- Place in the oven and cover with a lid. Cook for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the meat thermometer reads 165 F. Carefully remove the pot from the oven, then set the chicken breasts onto a serving platter to cool down.
- HOMEMADE GRAVY: Don't remove any bits or fond from the pot. Over medium low heat, melt the butter and then mix in the flour to form a paste. Then pour in the chicken stock and whisk well. Let simmer for 5 minutes and the sauce will thicken. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve Pan Roasted Chicken with Homemade Pan Gravy along with your favorite sides like salad, veggies, dinner rolls or mashed potatoes.