Learn all the PASTAbilities & Hacks for Cooking Different Dried Pasta!
Mushy pasta got you down?! Say goodbye to overcooked pasta!
Erin Chase is teaching how to cook dried pasta – from small shells to long noodles. Also, she’ll show you how to make the perfect “pasta skillet” every time.
New cooking videos are released weekly, so please Like this Video & Subscribe to the $5 Dinners Channel!
Video: How to Cook Dried Pasta
Featured Products: How to Cook Dried Pasta
Recipe: Spinach Lasagna Skillet
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion or 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz. fresh spinach
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 lasagna noodles broken
- 1 cup cottage cheese in dollops
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley for optional garnish
- Brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder in a large skillet with tight fitting lid. Drain and return to the skillet.
- Add the fresh spinach over top of the browned ground beef and let cook over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring a few times while the spinach ‘melts.’
- Once the spinach is all melted in, stir in the diced tomatoes (undrained) and tomato sauce with the Italian seasoning and some salt and pepper.
- Bring to bubbling and then stir in the chicken broth and bring to bubbling again.
- Once the broth-sauce is bubbling, add the broken lasagna noodles and float them deep into the sauce, as well as on the surface. Be sure that as much of the lasagna noodle is covered by the sauce so that it cooks evenly.
- A tight fitting lid will help the steam ‘baste’ the noodles on the top too. Let cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until noodles are cooked al dente.
- Remove from the heat and add the dollops of cottage cheese (or ricotta if you prefer) and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and parsley over the top.
- Serve Spinach Lasagna Skillet as a one dish dinner or with a side of salad, or garlic bread, or other favorite veggies.