First, good luck with this one.
There will be fighting over the leftovers. Legit fighting. (Not that that happened at our house!)
There might not be any leftovers.
This does make a 9×13’s worth of delicious. And with this hungry crew we had about 1 portion left for leftovers. And if I hadn’t served this with veggies and a salad, there totally wouldn’t have been leftovers.
Polished. Licked clean.
That’s what all of our plates looked like!
This is like a ‘lazy shepherd’s pie’ in a sense. The meat, beans, corn and salsa is layered on the bottom, then tater tots, then red enchilada sauce, then cheese…lots of cheese. Let that all bake together and WHOA.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 cup red salsa
- 28 oz bag frozen tater tots
- 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Side: salad
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Once browned, drain and then mix in the black beans, corn, red salsa and half of the shredded cheese. Spoon the ground beef mixture into the base of baking dish.
- Add the tater tots over top of the beef mixture in the tray and then pour the enchilada sauce over the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, and then add the remaining shredded cheese on the top and bake another 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Tex Mex Tater Tot Bake with side salad.