This is such a flavorful dinner! Not only is it flavorful, it’s so simple to prepare.
The result…perfectly cooked onions that have soaked up all the yummy flavors from the teriyaki sauce, along with shredded pork that has done the same. Top with a few sesame seeds and/or sliced green onions and dinner is served!
Melt in your mouth goodness, right here…
So simple to put together – and so so delicious!
Hope you enjoy!!
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 small white onion
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: sliced green onions or sesame seeds
- Brown rice, as side dish
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Add the pork tenderloin to the base of the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Add the thin onion slices on top. Pour the teriyaki sauce on top. Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes over the top.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Just before dinner, cook the rice as directed.
- Remove tenderloin from the slow cooker and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing or shredding. Spoon sauce out of slow cooker to serve over sliced or shredded pork pieces.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin with sliced green onions or sesame seed garnish, rice and veggies.
- To Freeze: Place pork tenderloin, sliced onions, minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and teriyaki sauce into gallon size freezer bag or vacuum sealed bag. Freeze. Thaw and slow cook as directed.