So if I were to make pan roasted corn 2 days in a row, does that make me obsessed??? I pan roasted some fresh corn kernels (just like last night) to put on tonight’s taco salad! They just taste that good!
A great way to use up leftover taco meat, and feel like you're eating a different meal!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup store bought salsa
- 1 small iceberg lettuce head
- 1 small Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned or 2 cups leftover taco meat
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- chili powder
- 1 Tbsp salsa
- 1 small bag tortilla chips crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese pinch for each salad
- 15 oz. can vegetarian refried bean
- 3 Tbsp canola oil dressing
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar dressing
- 1 Tbsp store bought salsa dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- In small saucepan, cook 1 cup white rice with 2 1/4 cup of water. Bring water to boil, add rice and stir. Once it returns to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes. Once cooked, add 1/4 cup store bought salsa.
- Wash and cut lettuce with plastic lettuce knife. Wash and dice tomatoes.
- Brown the ground beef (if needed), then combine cooked ground beef with ground cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and salsa. Or reheat leftover taco meat.
- Assemble salad with lettuce, tomatoes, taco beef, crushed tortilla chips, and shredded cheese.
- To make salsa vinaigrette, whisk canola oil, vinegar, salsa and salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour over the salad. (It doesn't take much dressing, as there is already lots of flavor in just the salad!)
- Heat refried beans.
- Serve Taco Salad with Salsa Rice and Refried Beans.
Kelly Lininger says
This looks incredible!!!! I will give it a go.
Taryn Pyle says
I don’t think I have ever heard of a plastic lettuce knife. Does it do something different when cutting the lettuce? Is this a must have utensil? Me and my kitchen utensils. I actually think I have too many. I once read an article about a man who is a gourmet cook, lives in a tree house and only needs 7 utensils.
By the way, I am a taco salad fanatic. If you want to try a new twist on this, use catalina salad dressing. Its awesome. I mix is all together while the meat is still warm and serve it immediately. I use Doritios or the chips or extra flavor. Its incredible.
The plastic knife keeps the lettuce from browning on the edges!
Interesting, I’ve never added rice to my taco salads. I prefer just the taco insides on corn chips or lettuce greens.
Will have to check out the rice, something different.
Rice and refried beans were on the side 🙂 Not on the salad!
We like blue cheese dressing on our taco salad! We use black beans, and we usually skip the chips because we figure the beans are enough starchiness.
I love my plastic lettuce knife. It really helps!
we put spanish rice on our taco salad. 1cup rice toasted in 2 tbsp butter or oil, add 2 cups of water with a tomato-chicken bullion cube added, simmer w/ lid 20 min. can add salsa too it if you like spicier.