So if I were to make pan roasted corn 2 days in a row, does that make me obsessed??? I pan roasted some fresh corn kernels (just like last night) to put on tonight’s taco salad! They just taste that good!
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup store bought salsa
- 1 small iceberg lettuce head
- 1 small Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned or 2 cups leftover taco meat
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- chili powder
- 1 Tbsp salsa
- 1 small bag tortilla chips crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese pinch for each salad
- 15 oz. can vegetarian refried bean
- 3 Tbsp canola oil dressing
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar dressing
- 1 Tbsp store bought salsa dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- In small saucepan, cook 1 cup white rice with 2 1/4 cup of water. Bring water to boil, add rice and stir. Once it returns to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes. Once cooked, add 1/4 cup store bought salsa.
- Wash and cut lettuce with plastic lettuce knife. Wash and dice tomatoes.
- Brown the ground beef (if needed), then combine cooked ground beef with ground cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and salsa. Or reheat leftover taco meat.
- Assemble salad with lettuce, tomatoes, taco beef, crushed tortilla chips, and shredded cheese.
- To make salsa vinaigrette, whisk canola oil, vinegar, salsa and salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour over the salad. (It doesn't take much dressing, as there is already lots of flavor in just the salad!)
- Heat refried beans.
- Serve Taco Salad with Salsa Rice and Refried Beans.