This meal is “Dad Approved” and “Kid Approved!”
The Hubs had a taste as he made his way through the kitchen after getting home…and he declared this Taco Pasta as “Dad Approved!”
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small hot pepper like serrano or jalapeno
- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- veggies side dish
- In large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add tomato paste plus 2 cans worth of water to the ground beef. Stir until paste becomes tomato-y sauce. Add drained and rinsed beans. Add crushed garlic, ground cumin, onion powder, chili powder and salt/pepper. Add finely chopped hot pepper for some extra kick! Stir through and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups uncooked pasta with 2 cups of water to the meat mixture. Cover and cook over medium high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta has cooked through. Stir a few times while pasta is cooking. (Use rice pasta if gluten free!)
- Once the pasta has cooked through, top with 1-2 cups shredded cheese and reduce heat to low and cover to let cheese melt. (Omit if dairy free!)
- Boil corn in large saucepan for 4-5 minutes, or microwave in microwavable dish covered with plastic wrap for 2-2.5 minutes per ear.
- Serve Taco Pasta with Corn on the Cob!