I doubled this meal and then froze it in 2 parts: Few dinner portions without cheese. Another few portions with cheese.
After seeing the pasta box on the counter, my oldest asked, “Are we having macaroni for dinner?”
I replied, “Yeah, but this is Taco Macaroni.”
To which he responded, “Yum. Tac-aroni!”
Not sure how to pronounce this…Listen below.
Little stinker…trying to tell you we were having spinach!
*Note: Recipe below is for a single meal. I doubled the below recipe to have enough to freeze.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 lb. elbow macaroni Use rice pasta for a gluten-free meal!
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock or broth
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 cups frozen greens beans
- Brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Stir in seasonings.
- Add noodles, stock, tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes to the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cover skillet and simmer, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender, about 15 20 minutes.
- Stir in corn until heated through. Top with cheese and serve.
- Cook green beans as indicated by package instructions.
- Serve Tac-aroni with Green Beans.