Looking for another great way to use up those UBER CHEAP sweet potatoes?!? This is a great week to buy sweet potatoes, as many stores have them priced as low as $.25/lb!!!
You can also cook, mash and freeze them for use in future meals!
If you’ve had your share of sweet potato pie or casserole, then give these a try with the extras! Would be delicious with a BBQ Turkey Sandwich!
PHOTOS: How to Cook Homemade Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper a few dashes of each
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Cut in half.
- Cut into strips. The thinner the strips, the faster they will bake.
- Rinse all the strips and pat dry.
- Place all the sweet potato strips into a bowl and add the oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Lay the strips in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 F for 25-35 minutes, turning once after about 15 minutes. Baking time will vary depending on thickness of the strips and how crispy you want them!