I think I could eat my weight in this pasta salad.
We make it by the giant bowlful every summer and enjoy it for brunch, lunch, snack and dinner.
It’s delicious, filling, and stretches a long way!
TIP: It takes much better the day after you make it! 🙂
Here’s what you need to make it…
1 pound cooked pasta.
Halved cherry or grape tomatoes.
2 cans of tuna.
1 bag (or can) or peas, warmed up.
Toss well, and then…
Add this magical stuff…
As much as you like, to make it as salad-y as you like!
I usually add about 1/2 to 2/3 cup to a big bowl like this one.
Chill at least 2 hours, before serving.
Don’t skip this.
Enjoy this magical summer tuna pasta salad – just like my Grammy made it!
Grammy’s Summer Tuna Pasta Salad
Yield – 8 to 10 servings
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes*
- 1 lb. small shell or elbow noodles
- 12 oz. bag frozen peas (or 15 oz. can), warmed and drained
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 – 5 oz. cans tuna in water, drained well
- 2/3 cup sandwich spread dressing
- Pepper to taste
- Cook and drain the pasta. Rinse with cool water.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the drained pasta, peas, halved tomatoes and tuna. Mix well.
- Stir in the sandwich spread dressing and combine to form the salad.
- *Let chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Enjoy Grammy’s Summer Tuna Pasta Salad for brunch, lunch, snack, or dinner!