I’ve done it! I’ve really done it! I made a meal that costs more than 5 smackers!!! I wasn’t sure that was possible anymore!
I saw this recipe in a Taste of Home Slow Cooker Recipe book. I just HAD to try it. I knew if I didn’t get the green peppers on sale the meal would be way over. I was right! Even if they had been on sale, I think I’d still have gone over! Oh well. Can y’all forgive me this once???!!!
Price Update: in Texas, our green peppers are about 49Â¢ right now, so don’t let price stop you from trying this recipe especially if they are on sale!
Slow Cooker Stuffed Green Peppers
- 4 large green peppers ($3.96)
- 1/2 cup rice, uncooked ($.10)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 lb ground beef, cooked ($.75)
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles ($.37)
- 1/2 cup frozen organic corn ($.25)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese ($.37) Do not add if GFCFSF!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes ($1.39)
- Cook rice in water by bringing water to a boil. Add the rice and return to boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add can of Rotel, frozen corn and cooked ground beef to the saucepan with the rice. Mix well.