I did not have any fruit pectin, which many of the recipes called for, but I did have a small box of raspberry jello! So using this recipe as a model, I made up my own jam recipe from all the strawberries and rhubarb I had prepared!
- 5 cups of diced strawberries and rhubarbs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 - 3 oz box of raspberry jello
- In saucepan, combine diced strawberries and rhubarb pieces with 2 cups of sugar. Let sit for at least 20 minutes, allowing time for sugar to draw out the juices.
- Once juices have appeared in the saucepan, bring to a boil. Stir often. Boil for about 10 minutes, or until rhubarbs have softened.
- Reduce heat and let bubble. Add jello packet and stir continuously until the jello dissolves.
- Remove from heat, let saucepan cool, then place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Jam will thicken. Place in Mason jars.
- Jam will last one month in fridge. Put in the freezer if you don't think you will use it all within a month.