You know what I love about a meal like this…
It can hit 2 different types of eaters, without too much extra fuss in the kitchen.
The slow cooked part is more or less the same (1 ingredient is different), and then you pair it with your preferred side dish.
I’d eat this with a small portion of cauli-rice, while the kids ate it with egg noodles. Because they need a ridiculous number of carbs everyday, and I don’t. 😉
A simple side dish swap or addition makes this meal work for everyone!
Hope you enjoy it!
Steak Spinach Stroganoff
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker
- 1 1/2 lbs. sirloin beef tips or strips
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp paprika
- 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup (or 4 oz. cream cheese if eating Keto)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- Side: egg noodles
- OR Side: riced cauliflower (if eating Keto)
- Side: salad
- Regular version…To the slow cooker insert, add the sirloin beef tips, frozen spinach, minced onion, garlic powder, beef broth, paprika, cream of mushroom soup, salt and pepper.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours. Just before serving, stir in 1 cup sour cream into the beef-spinach mixture.
- Keto version….Set cream cheese out to soften. Set frozen spinach out to thaw.
- To the slow cooker insert, add the sirloin beef tips, thawed spinach, minced onion, garlic powder, beef broth, paprika, cream cheese, salt and pepper.
- Side dishes: Cook the egg noodles as directed, or riced cauliflower in skillet with olive oil for 3-4 minutes, if making keto version.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Slow Cooker Steak & Spinach Stroganoff over egg noodles or for keto, riced cauliflower with salad.