IÂ found a little gem at the grocery store last week!Â A package ofÂ sirloin steak marked down to $2.41.Â You could do this meal using iceberg, romaine or other favorite lettuce.Â I don’t recommend bagged lettuce unless it is on sale for at least 50% off its original price.Â Using a fresh head of lettuce is cheaper and will keep the cost down.Â That is, of course, if you don’t mind chopping it up!
I might just have to make this again when my lettuce and tomatoes are ready for harvest!Â Hubs could grill the steak. Yum!!!
And this dressing I take NO credit for.Â I saw Rachael my new BFFÂ make it for a tomato salad last week and thought it would be PERFECT for this Steak Salad. 😉
- 1 lb sirloin steak ($2.41) Manager's Special
- 1 tsp olive oil ($.02)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce ($1.49)
- 1 tomato ($.59)
- 1 Tbsp A1 steak sauce ($.05)
- 1/4 cup olive oil ($.20)
- 1 Tbsp vinegar ($.05)
- 4-6 Drop Biscuits ($.50) Homemade bread is ALWAYS cheaper than store bought! And tastier too!
- In large skillet, sear steak in olive oil. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steak. Remove from heat and slice thinly.
- Chop lettuce using plastic lettuce knife. Dice tomato.
- Make A1 dressing. In small bowl, whisk A1 steak sauce, olive oil, vinegar with salt and pepper.
- Make Drop Biscuits.
- Assemble all ingredients in a salad bowl and serve. Enjoy!