I found a little gem at the grocery store last week! A package of sirloin steak marked down to $2.41. You could do this meal using iceberg, romaine or other favorite lettuce. I don’t recommend bagged lettuce unless it is on sale for at least 50% off its original price. Using a fresh head of lettuce is cheaper and will keep the cost down. That is, of course, if you don’t mind chopping it up!
I might just have to make this again when my lettuce and tomatoes are ready for harvest! Hubs could grill the steak. Yum!!!
And this dressing I take NO credit for. I saw Rachael my new BFF make it for a tomato salad last week and thought it would be PERFECT for this Steak Salad. 😉
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce washed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tomato
- 1 Tbsp A1 steak sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- In large skillet, sear steak in olive oil. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steak. Remove from heat and slice thinly.
- Chop lettuce using plastic lettuce knife. Dice tomato.
- Make A1 dressing. In small bowl, whisk A1 steak sauce, olive oil, vinegar with salt and pepper.
- Assemble all ingredients in a salad bowl and serve. Enjoy!