A hearty, chunky chili made with stew beef cubes, red kidney beans, and all the best spices for the perfect chili.
This is the best bowl of chili for a cold wintery evening.
- 2 lb. stew beef cubes
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 green bell pepper
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups beef broth
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: shredded cheddar cheese
- Side: salad
- Open and drain the can of diced tomatoes. Open, drain and rinse the red kidney beans.
- Seed and chop the green bell pepper.
- In a large saucepan, brown the stew beef cubes with the minced onion and garlic powder. Stir in the chopped bell pepper, diced tomatoes, red kidney beans, chili powder, ground cumin, and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in the beef broth and let simmer for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with a few pinches of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Steak Chili with side salad.