Oh my smoky good-gracious-ness. Please, take a spoon and reach through the screen for a bite.
I picked up half a pound of brisket from a nearby BBQ joint and dropped into the slow cooker with a bag of beans and other pantry staples…and WOW-WY!
This is a fantastic way to use up any leftover BBQ meat…or you could just order extra next time you go out! I love pairing more expensive meats with beans…great way to stay on budget while still eating wholesome, hearty and delicious meals!
Make a batch of this fantastic soup for your Super Bowl-Commercial Watching party! 😉
- 20 oz. bag HamBeens Cajun 15 Bean Soup
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1/2 lb. cooked brisket
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak beans in a bowl of hot water for an hour, or overnight in room temp water.
- Add all the ingredients, including the Cajun seasoning packet, plus 9 cups of water to the slow cooker. Set on low and cook for 8 hours, or high for 6 hours.
- Season to taste.
- Serve Smoky Cajun Brisket & Bean Soup.