LOVE THESE SANDWICHES SO MUCH.
Sorry, sometimes I just get really excited about delicious food. Especially when it’s super easy to prep (with ingredients that are normal and you probably already have in your pantry.)
Like this one…
Beef roast with tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and seasonings…
Slow cooking the day away, then shred and assemble sandwiches.
SUCH AN EASY MEAL.
And so scrumptious too!
Slow Cooker Shredded Italian Beef Hoagies
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- Salad, as side dish
- Place the beef roast into the base of the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Add the crushed tomatoes onto the roast and then sprinkle the Italian seasoning and balsamic vinegar over the top.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours. Once finished cooking, shred the beef with 2 forks and mix into the sauce.
- Assemble the hoagies with shredded beef, sauce and slices of Provolone cheese. If preferred, place under the oven broiler to melt the cheese.
- Prepare salad.
- Serve Slow Cooker Shredded Italian Beef Hoagies with salad.
- Freeze & Thaw Instructions: Add all ingredients except cheese and hoagie buns to a freezer safe bag. Remove air. Seal, label, and freeze up to 6 months in fridge freezer or 12 months in a deep freezer. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or a warm bowl of water for about 20 minutes, before transferring to the slow cooker and cooking on low for 8 hours. Shred the beef and assemble sandwiches as directed.