I’m not sure that I’ll ever make Chicken Parmesan the “real way” again! 😉
We loved this easiest-ever version so much – it’s all the same amazing flavors, with a fraction of the fuss in putting it together.
This one will soon be on your regular meal rotation, just I know it! Enjoy!
- 12 chicken tenders
- 8 oz 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 26 oz jar marinara sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish: ricotta cheese
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese
- Side: pasta
- Side: salad
- Seed and slice the red bell pepper.
- Place the chicken tenders in the base of the slow cooker and sprinkle the sliced white mushrooms and red bell pepper slices over the chicken. Pour the marinara over the top, then sprinkle the Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper over the top.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours. Once cooked, strain off any excess liquid and then shred the chicken into the marinara. Add the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top and let melt. Then add dollops of ricotta cheese, and some grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cook the pasta as directed.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Parmesan over pasta with side salad.