It’s amazing how just a few ingredients can be so delicious. Seriously.
Sometimes I marvel at the power of food…and how it is cooked…and how flavors mingle together…into the perfect meal.
This Artichoke chicken is phenomenal. And I think it’s because the dark meat chicken is slow cooked all day…soaking in the flavors of the artichokes, the rosemary and the basil.Â Plus, the added depth from the darker meat chicken…oh, so tasty!
P.S. If you don’t prefer dark meat chicken, you could substitute boneless, skinless chicken breasts. It won’t have quite the depth of flavor as the dark meat…but will still be wonderful with the artichokes and rosemary!
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 7.5 oz. jar of artichoke hearts, quartered and marinated, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsppepper
- 16 oz. small shell pasta
- Drizzles of olive oil
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Spray slow cooker dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, except the pasta and fresh veggies.
- Set on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours. You could also cook on high for 4 hours instead. Slice the chicken once it is cooked.
- Just before serving, cook pasta as directed. Drain and then drizzle a little olive oil over the pasta. Toss well.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Artichoke Chicken over pasta with veggies.