We big puffy love pulled pork sandwiches around here.
Like, big time.
Slow cooking is most definitely my favorite way to cook pork roasts and pork tenderloins. Two reasons:
1. It takes minutes to throw everything together into the slow cooker.
2. The end result is amazing flavor and texture!
This recipe is so simple, and SO RIDICULOUSLY delicious. Root beer, BBQ and red onions take this pork to the next level. Serve it with some Coleslaw on the side, or on top and KABOOM.
Amazing and easy weeknight dinner!
- 2 lbs. pork roast
- 1/2 small red onion
- Salt and pepper
- 12 oz Root Beer
- 16 oz BBQ sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- Coleslaw salad kit, as garnish
- Chips, as side dish
- Thinly slice the red onion.Place the pork roast and red onion slices in the base of the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the Root Beer and BBQ sauce over the pork roast. Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Prepare the Coleslaw salad just before serving.
- Once the pork roast is cooked, shred the meat with 2 forks and toss with the sauce. Spoon shredded pork onto hamburger buns and top with Coleslaw.
- Serve Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork with chips.
Disclosure: This post and video is sponsored by EatPork.org. All opinions and recipe are my own, as always.