LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! This is going to become our new “Sunday Supper” – after church meal, I think!
It cooks in 4 hours in the slow cooker (5 hours, if cooking from frozen!), so I can start it in the morning when I’m making my coffee and it’s ready by the time we get home from church.
You can make it in the afternoon, or on a weekend when you don’t have enough in the budget for a meal out on the town.
(It’s not a great weeknight meal option, if are out all day at work and need a meal waiting when you get home. If you leave it in for 8 hours, the raviolis will be seriously bloated.)
The ground beef and sauce can be frozen, and the raviolis can be frozen in their package too. You can reheat the sauce and slow cook, or put the frozen raviolis, liquid broth, and frozen sauce on top and then let the slow cooker defrost and cook it. If you do cook it from completely frozen like this, you’ll want to plan to stir it once, after the sauce has thawed out, to make sure that all the raviolis are covered in sauce so they cook evenly.
Slow Cooker Ravioli
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 26 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 20 oz fresh or frozen ravioli
- 1 cup beef broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil
- Side: veggies
- Side: salad
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain and stir in the spaghetti sauce.
- Place the ravioli into the base of the slow cooker and pour 1 cup of beef broth over the top. Then pour the beef-spaghetti sauce over the top and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Set on low and cook for 4 hours (or 5 hours if cooking the ravioli from frozen).
- Once done cooking, add the mozzarella over the top and let cook for 10 more minutes, or leave on warm setting for 10 minutes, allowing cheese to melt. Chop the basil for the garnish.
- Prepare the veggies and salad.
- Serve Slow Cooker Beef Ravioli with fresh basil garnish, veggies and salad.
- Freezer Meal Instructions on MyFreezEasy
Leave a Reply