This Slow Cooker Chicken + Uber Popular Dip Is a Match Made in Dinner Heaven
I love this Spinach Artichoke Chicken so much. I made it again recently and thought…what other “dips” could I do with chicken in the slow cooker.
I adore queso.
It’s mandatory lunch choice when we have team meetings.
And it gets demolished whenever I serve it with a gathering or just with the boys.
Of course it will be fabulous with chicken in the slow cooker.
This is perfect with…
- flour tortillas – tacos
- corn tortillas – street tacos
- giant flour tortilla – chimichanga
- tortilla chips – nachos
- tostada shell – tostada
- corn tortillas + enchilada sauce – shredded chicken enchiladas
You get the idea. Here’s the “base” recipe for the Queso Chicken in the Slow Cooker.
How to Make Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos
Place the chicken breasts (and/or thighs) into the base of the slow cooker. Sprinkle a few pinches of salt and pepper on top.
In a mixing bowl, toss together the cheese cubes, diced tomatoes with green chilies and it’s juices, and the taco seasoning.
Pour over the top of the chicken.
Set on low for 8 hours.
Once finished cooking, shred the chicken into the cheese and tomato sauce.
It will look like this. Season with more salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
Spoon into tortillas, or serve however you prefer!
Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. Velveeta cheese cut into 1/2" cubes
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies undrained
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas
- sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo garnish or topping
- Place the chicken breasts into the base of the slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the cheese cubes, diced tomatoes with juices and taco seasoning. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- With about 15 minutes left in the cooking cycle, stir all of the ingredients together and shred the chicken into the sauce. When cooking cycle is complete, spoon the shredded chicken into tortillas, or onto chips for nachos.
- Serve Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos (or Nachos) with favorite side dishes and taco toppings.
Karen Rhodes says
Going to make this Wednesday. Sounds delicious!