Notice that those are not the homemade wheat rolls from last night’s dinner! We ended up making PBJ sliders for lunch, using some homemade blueberry jam that a friend gave us for Christmas!
These intended-to-be sliders are more like sandwiches.
Whatever bread will work. And whatever “title” will work too!
Just going with the flow!
I went for the reduced sourdough loaf that was in the top of the freezer.
Slice. Slice. Slice.
Serve the shredded chickeon on the sliced sourdough – yum!
- 3 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 1 1/4 lbs.
- 1/2 small white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- sliced bread sourdough, slider buns, or sandwich bread
- side salad
- Place 3 chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker.
- In small bowl, whisk together the tomato paste plus 2 cans worth of water, the cider vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar. Add a little salt and pepper is you wish. Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic to the sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts. Set slow cooker to high and cook for 4-6 hours.
- When chicken is finished in the slow cooker, scoop it out into a bowl and using 2 forks, "pull it" apart. Once "pulled"...scoop some sauce from the slow cooker and add until reaches your desired saucy-ness.
- Slice bread. Place pulled chicken with sauce onto bread.
- Serve Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Side Salad.