ADORE this chicken. It’s an ADORE-able meal. You will ADORE the flavor, and you will ADORE how easy it is to make.
This recipe was also featured on our weekly DINNER MADE EASY show on our Facebook page.
Every Wednesday, I do a live cooking demo with our popular recipes and this one was a hit!
You can watch here:
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (use gluten free for a GF meal!)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, drained but reserve juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Sesame seeds, garnish
- 1 cup rice, as side dish
- Fresh veggies or salad, as side dish
- Drain the pineapple juice into a small bowl. Set the drained can of pineapple to the side. Add the chicken stock, brown sugar, soy sauce and minced garlic to the bowl with the pineapple juice.
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker and pour the pineapple chunks around the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the pineapple-soy sauce mixture over the top.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours. With 30 minutes, left in the cooking cycle, swirl the cornstarch with a few Tbsp of water and stir it into the sauce. Cook for 30 more minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Prepare veggies or salad.
- Serve Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken with sesame seed garnish over rice with veggies or salad.