I love a good peppermint mocha. It tastes like the holidays in a cup. It just does. The peppermint and the chocolate are a lovely pair together
What I don’t love is spending $6.01 to buy a cup of PM.
That’s how much my “high maintenance” order is at Starbucks. I can rattle my order off pretty quickly and I was told recently “we have a new hire and we need you to slow down with all your customizations.” I could tell from her tone that it was her way of saying “easy there, high maintenance coffee lady.”
No, she was really nice…but this is how my order goes…
(Half-caff, if it’s late in the day.)
With Coconut Milk.
That’ll be $6.01.
I do treat myself on occasion and I do make my own coffee at home every other morning of the week.
With this peppermint mocha, I make it in batches, keep it chilled in the fridge and warm it up in the mornings!
I know, if you’re a coffee snob…you’re probably rolling your eyes.
But I’m a flavor it up kinda coffee girl and this homemade version of a Peppermint Mocha will not disappoint!
Enjoy the java…and not having to spend $6.01 per cup!Â
Slow Cooker Peppermint Mocha
- 4 cups milk 2%, whole, coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk
- 4 cups brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar or other sweetener(this could be adjusted/reduced to taste)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (this could be adjusted/reduced to taste)
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, chocolate syrup drizzles, candy canes
- Whisk all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Set on low and let cook for 1 hour, then switch to warm for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with preferred toppings.
- If you wish to chill it, add to pitcher and keep in fridge up to 6 days. Stir through and reheat in mug.