This is me…being lazy.
I’ve been wanting to make some orange chicken for a while…recently had a conversation with a friend about it…and couldn’t put it off any longer. She shared a recipe with me and we decided that it would work with frozen vegetables too.
And the result was lovely fake-out take-out meal.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 8 oz orange juice concentrate
- 12 oz stir-fry vegetable mix
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Noodles or brown rice
- Crushed red pepper, optional
- Cut up the chicken into bite size pieces.
- In the base of the slow cooker, whisk together the OJ concentrate and the brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder. Stir in the chicken pieces and vegetables into the sauce.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Just before serving, whisk in the cornstarch into the sauce. Let sit for 10 minutes with the slow cooker on warm.
- Prepare noodles and brown rice.
- Serve Slow Cooker Orange Chicken over the rice or noodles with crushed red pepper.