A slow cooker version of the amazing Monterey Chicken – BBQ sauce, bacon and fire roasted diced tomatoes make for the perfect sauce!
Watch and see how quick this meal is to put together – I recorded a livestream on Thursday morning with how to make Slow Cooker Monterey Chicken.
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper pinch
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 15 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese garnish
- Place the chicken breasts into the base of the slow cooker and add a pinch of salt and pepper over the top.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the BBQ sauce, bacon bites and diced tomatoes. Pour over the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Once cooked, spoon the chicken and sauce onto a plate and add a hefty pinch of shredded cheddar cheese on top and let that melt. Serve with your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!