Lately, I’ve been a bit addicted to slow cooker shredded chicken – and adding as many great and delicious flavors as possible. This Mango Salsa chicken is PHENOM-ENAL. It’s the perfect about of sweet and spicy, thanks to the salsa and fresh mango.
Let it slow cook the day away, then you just shred the chicken with 2 forks and spoon it all into flour or corn tortillas, taco shells, or onto a pile of rice. YUMMMMM-ilicious!
Also, I love to do half and half of white and dark meat chicken when I make shredded chicken like this. For 4 servings, you’ll need 1 or 2 chicken breasts (depending on their ounces) and 4 chicken thighs. I also recommend doubling up on this and making enough for a second meal – you could “repurpose” this shredded chicken for soup, enchiladas, haystacks…or just have more tacos!
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ripe mangoes seeded and sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped cilantro; as optional garnish
- 1 cup brown rice or serve as tacos in corn tortillas
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Add the chicken breasts, sliced mango, salsa, salt and pepper to slow cooker. Add 1/2 cup of water and set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Cook rice, as directed on package, if using.
- Prepare veggies.
- Prepare optional garnish.
- Serve Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Chicken topped with optional cilantro over rice with veggies or as tacos in corn tortillas.
- To Freeze: add chicken breasts, sliced mango, salsa and salt and pepper to plastic freezer baggie. Thaw in bowl of water and slow cook as directed.