Colorful. I love colorful food.
Tasteful. I love tasteful food. (Who doesn’t right?!)
What you see above is what came straight out of the slow cooker. No styling, no color editing, what you see is what you get. I think this is slow cooker food at its finest!
Oh and the #2 reason that I love slow cooking it’s usually dump and run. This is one such recipe and I love that it literally is no fuss. No need to peak, stir, vent, nothing.
And the #1 reason is that I can go about my afternoon and deal with the attitudes of witching hour without having to fuss with dinner prep.
But really they should be a tie. #1 and #2 reasons are equally important for this busy mama!
Oh and before you begin, here are my helpful tips for How to Choose and Cut a Mango.
Slow Cooker Mango Chicken
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/3 lb.)
- Olive oil, drizzles
- Red wine vinegar, drizzles
- Garlic powder, sprinkles
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained (or 2 medium garden tomatoes)
- 1 mango, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dinner rolls; as side dish
- Place the chicken thighs into the base of the slow cooker.
- Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar over the top.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the diced red onion, drained diced tomatoes (or cut fresh tomatoes), zucchini slices and mango pieces over top and around the chicken thighs.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook for 8 to 10 hours. Dump and run!
- Prepare dinner rolls as side dish.
- Serve Slow Cooker Mango Chicken with warm dinner rolls.