Colorful. I love colorful food.
Tasteful. I love tasteful food. (Who doesnâ€™t right?!)
What you see above is what came straight out of the slow cooker. No styling, no color editingâ€¦what you see is what you get. I think this is slow cooker food at its finest!
Ohâ€¦and the #2 reason that I love slow cookingâ€¦itâ€™s usually â€œdump and run.â€ This is one such recipeâ€¦and I love that it literally is no fuss. No need to peak, stir, ventâ€¦nothing.
And the #1 reasonâ€¦I can go about my afternoon and deal with the â€œattitudes of witching hourâ€ without having to fuss with dinner prep.
But really they should be a tie. #1 and #2 reasons are equally important for this busy mama!
Oh and before you begin, here are my helpful tips for How to Choose and Cut a Mango.
Slow Cooker Mango Chicken
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/3 lb.)
- Olive oil, drizzles
- Red wine vinegar, drizzles
- Garlic powder, sprinkles
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained (or 2 medium garden tomatoes)
- 1 mango, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dinner rolls; as side dish
- Place the chicken thighs into the base of the slow cooker.
- Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar over the top.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the diced red onion, drained diced tomatoes (or cut fresh tomatoes), zucchini slices and mango pieces over top and around the chicken thighs.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook for 8 to 10 hours. Dump and run!
- Prepare dinner rolls as side dish.
- Serve Slow Cooker Mango Chicken withwarm dinner rolls.