This slow cooker version is a spin from my Greek Chicken Bake.
Both recipes are simple and fresh. With slight differences in ingredients. But the core “Greek” ingredients are there – olives, feta, lemon, oregano.
My favorite thing about this slow cooker meal – it’s very light and fresh.
Lots and lots and lots of slow cooker meals are heavier, soupier, stewier, casserolier. (Pardon my made up words here, you get the idea.) But this one is just light and low carb (especially if you skip the rice that is pictured and serve with other veggies or salad.)
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this meal!
P.S. This is also a fantastic “Freezer to Slow Cooker Meal” – where you freezer the chicken and other ingredients being added to the slow cooker into a plastic baggie or container. Then you can slow cook from frozen for an easy weeknight meal! See other great Freezer to Slow Cooker Meals here.
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup green olives
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Garnish: crumbled feta cheese
- Side ideas: rice and salad
- In a small bowl, whisk together the diced tomatoes, chopped olives, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker and pour the olive sauce over the top.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Prepare salad.
- Serve Slow Cooker Greek Chicken with crumbed feta cheese garnish, over rice with salad.