Last week I decided to tack onto my batch cooking plan…doubling up on browning some ground beef. I ended up doing spaghetti for dinner one night and saved the other half of the beef I ground. I thought I’d use it later this week or next week…but ended up making this goulash over the weekend. I had all the other ingredients on hand…and it was perfect for a chilly, dreary weekend!
After slow cooking what you see above, I stirred in some sour cream into each serving and served it over noodles.
Simple, easy weekend meal…just what I needed after a busy week!
- 1 lb ground beef browned
- 1 small white onion diced
- 4 whole carrots peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 tsp paprika
- 12-16 oz. pasta noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream for serving
- Brown the ground beef, and drain.
- Add the cooked ground beef, onion, carrot pieces, diced green pepper and diced tomatoes with juices to the slow cooker, stir in the paprika. Set slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours. Note: if your slow cooker "runs hot" or over cooks, add 1/2 cup beef broth or water with these ingredients.
- Once the slow cooker is near the end of the cycle, make egg noodles or pasta noodles to serve with the goulash.
- Mix a dollop or two of sour cream into each serving bowl.
- Serve Goulash with sour cream over noodles.