Last week I decided to tack onto my batch cooking plan…doubling up on browning some ground beef. I ended up doing spaghetti for dinner one night and saved the other half of the beef I ground. I thought I’d use it later this week or next week…but ended up making this goulash over the weekend. I had all the other ingredients on hand…and it was perfect for a chilly, dreary weekend!
After slow cooking what you see above, I stirred in some sour cream into each serving and served it over noodles.
Simple, easy weekend meal…just what I needed after a busy week!
Slow Cooker Goulash
Cook the meat and veggies together in the slow cooker, then stir in some sour cream and serve over noodles.
Servings - 4 servings
- 1 lb ground beef browned
- 1 small white onion diced
- 4 whole carrots peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 tsp paprika
- 12-16 oz. pasta noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream for serving
- Brown the ground beef, and drain.
- Add the cooked ground beef, onion, carrot pieces, diced green pepper and diced tomatoes with juices to the slow cooker, stir in the paprika. Set slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours. Note: if your slow cooker "runs hot" or over cooks, add 1/2 cup beef broth or water with these ingredients.
- Once the slow cooker is near the end of the cycle, make egg noodles or pasta noodles to serve with the goulash.
- Mix a dollop or two of sour cream into each serving bowl.
- Serve Goulash with sour cream over noodles.
[…] Shared at: Marvelously Messy , Make Ahead Meals For Busy Moms , The 21st Century Housewife , My Favorite Finds , Here Comes the Sun , Create With Joy , Cooking with Karyn , Life of a Not so Ordinary Wife , $5 Dollar Dinners […]
[…] Platter $5 Dinner Challenge Share this:TwitterFacebookMoreStumbleUponPrintEmailLike this:Like2 bloggers like this post. By C […]
[…] Wednesday – Slow Cooker Goulash […]
[…] Sunday – Slow Cooker Goulash […]
[…] is one smart mama! This week she is serving up Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili (YUM!), Taco Salad, Slow Cooker Goulash, Spaghetti with Meatballs with mixed veggies, Tuna Noodle Casserole, and Saucy Vegetable Beef […]