The Curry obsession…it continues on!
This time…in the form of an amazing pork loin and potatoes curry that’s made in the slow cooker. The pork loin is perfectly cooked in a sauce loaded with Thai flavors and coconut milk is stirred into the juices to make a delightful curry.
I’m always on the lookout for best deals on canned coconut milk. I grab a bunch when I see it on sale for $1.49 and never pay more than $1.99 for a can at my local store. The name brand coconut milk is usually $4 a can at my store…so I was shocked to see the same name brand canned coconut milk for right around $2 a can! (This is my favorite…add a few cans to next Amazon order!)
Then use one of the cans to make this outstanding Curried Pork & Potatoes! YUM!!!
Slow Cooker Curried Pork and Potatoes
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 3-4 hours in the slow cooker
- 1 pound pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 potato, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup brown or white rice, as side dish
- Place pork, potato, onions, and bell pepper into the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, ginger, tomato paste, water, and curry powder. Stir to combine and then pour into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or cook on low for 4 – 5 hours until potatoes are fork tender.
- Pour coconut milk into the slow cooker and stir to coat.
- Prepare rice.
- Serve Slow Cooker Curried Pork and Potatoes with rice as side dish.
Disclosure: This post contains an affiliate link to Amazon.