Quite possibly the best slow cooker chicken ever. If you don’t eat it straight out of the slow cooker, it’s also delicious when shredded and used in enchiladas, soft tacos/burritos, hard shell tacos and street tacos.
This is literally one of this “winner winner chicken for dinner” meals!
PLEASE note the timing on adding the sour cream…
Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup red salsa
- 10 oz can cream of chicken
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning (use this recipe to make your own taco seasoning!)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, as garnish
- 1 cup rice, as side dish
- Salad or fresh veggies, as side dish
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker and pour the red salsa and cream of chicken soup over and around the chicken. Season with taco seasoning. (Note: Do not add the sour cream before slow cooking or freezing.)
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours. With 30 minutes, left in the cooking cycle, stir in the sour cream and let finish cooking. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Prepare the salad or fresh veggies.
- Serve Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken with cilantro and shredded cheese garnish over rice with salad or veggies.