Ride ’em Cowboy!
Get your boots on and toss these delicious beans onto the table for a filling and scrumptious dinner.
Our family gives these beans a huge stamp of approval…even my bean-averse kiddo loved these. The BBQ-the bacon-the beef-the beans….perfect cowboy food!
Beyond the fabulous flavor, this meal was super easy to throw together. Here’s the main reason…well, 2 reasons:
- I pre-browned the ground beef and had a meals worth (1 lb. for us) in the freezer.
- The HamBeens Slow Cooker Bacon & Bean mixture doesn’t require pre-soaking!!!! (Because I often times forget to soak the beans and then end up having to make something else. Not necessary with these beans and this recipe!)
We had this meal with some rolls and broccoli. I ended up sopping up all the saucy-ness with my bread and mmmmmm!
These would be great with cornbread, over rice or with rolls!
Look for these babies on the dry bean aisle! Your turn to make this fantastic Cowboy Beans recipe…
Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans
- 1 lb. bag Hambeens Slow Cooker Bacon & Beans
- 7 cups water
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned
- 4 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp spicy mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To a large slow cooker (5 qt or larger), add the dried beans, water, browned ground beef, bacon pieces, bell pepper, onion, BBQ sauce, spicy mustard and a little salt and pepper. (You can add more salt and pepper after it cooks, to taste!)
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Serve Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans with rolls or cornbread, or over rice, with some fresh veggies.
Ive been making this for decades, I call it Beef ‘n Beans, no bacon in mine tho. Im going to try adding that and the increased BBQ sauce amt. Its great over rice with broccoli or a salad. I also use canned beans and cook it on stovetop. Im going to crock it next time!
I can’t find HamBeens slow cooker bacon and beans anywhere, not even online. Where do you find these?
Ralph Mitchell says
I had to buy mine from hurst hambeens website