Slow cooker chili that takes less than 5 minutes to load, yes please. (Only because I had browned ground beef in the freezer.)
Homemade cornbread, baked in a cast iron skillet. Double yes please.
This has the makings of a perfect fall dinner. Warm, hearty and satisfying!
Slow Cooker Chili with Skillet Cornbread
Slow cooker chili that takes less than 5 minutes to load, yes please.
Servings - 8 servings
- 1 bag Hurst Slow Cooker Chili Beans and seasoning
- 1 lb. cooked ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small pepper, seeded and chopped
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Skillet Cornbread recipe
- fresh or frozen veggies side dish
- Add all the ingredients to 5 qt or larger slow cooker, along with 7 cups of water. Stir together. Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Prepare the skillet cornbread. Adjust cooking time if using a different sized skillet.
- Prepare the veggie as needed.
- Serve Slow Cooker Chili with side of cornbread and veggies.
So the pepper is a jalapeno? or a bell pepper? Thanks. It is still in the upper 90’s here in Texas, can’t wait for cool weather so I can make chili and cornbread!!
I cannot get the bag of Hurst Slow Cooker Chili beans and Seasoning in my area, is there something else I can use?
I can’t get the Hurst beans either! This looks so good!!!
You could substitute a pound of 15 bean soup mix, adding 1/4 t of liquid smoke 1T paprika, 2t chili powder, 2T worseshire, Garlic powder if not adding the real thing. Add tomato products after beans are soft, or last two hours as they sometimes keep beans from softening. I don’t know why this sometimes but it is.