Slow cooker chili that takes less than 5 minutes to load, yes please. (Only because I had browned ground beef in the freezer.)
Homemade cornbread, baked in a cast iron skillet. Double yes please.
This has the makings of a perfect fall dinner. Warm, hearty and satisfying!
- 1 bag Hurst Slow Cooker Chili Beans and seasoning
- 1 lb cooked ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Skillet Cornbread recipe
- Side dish - fresh or frozen veggies
- Add all the ingredients to 5 qt or larger slow cooker, along with 7 cups of water. Stir together. Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Prepare the skillet cornbread. Adjust cooking time if using a different sized skillet.
- Prepare the veggie as needed.
- Serve Slow Cooker Chili with side of cornbread and veggies.
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #96.