You want to know what I love most about this sandwich.
Besides the amazing flavors.
I love how easy this is to pull together and how easy it fits into your day!
This is a slow cooker meal, so just drop the chicken, sauce and veggies into the slow cooker and go on about your day. (Not worrying about dinner!)
Then, once it’s cooked at the end of the day, you can strain off the liquid and then pull the chicken apart with some forks and gently turn it with the peppers and onions. Spoon the shredded chicken and veggies into the hoagie buns (or hamburger buns). Add some sliced Provolone cheese on top and if you want, run it under the broiler for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
Also, you could cook this on high for 4 hours if you wanted to make these for lunch one day!
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- orange bell pepper sliced
- 1 small white onion sliced
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie buns or sub rolls
- Side: salad
- Side: chips
- Seed and slice the 2 bell peppers. Slice the onion into half-moons.
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker and drizzle the olive oil and vinegar over the top. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the top and then add the sliced bell peppers and onions over the top.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours. Once done, shred the chicken loosely with 2 forks and strain off the juice. Spoon the chicken, peppers and onions into the hoagies.
- Slice the Provolone cheese and lay on top of the chicken and veggies. If need be, run under the broiler for 1 minute to melt cheese, or add to small toaster oven to melt cheese.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches with salad and chips.