This recipe is from the fabulous Stephanie O’Dea’s Make it Fast, Cook it Slow Cookbook. I just can’t get enough of her recipes!Â If you don’t own this book, you should!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- 1 beaten egg ($.10)
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts ($2.31)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs ($.20)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese ($.25)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning ($.02)
- Couple shakes of salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ($.75) Bought this week with store mailer coupon
- 1 26 oz. can favorite marinara sauce ($1) On sale for $1 🙂
- 1/2 pound spaghetti noodles ($.25) Bought recently with $1/2 coupon when on sale for $1, only used half the package!
- 1 box frozen spinach (free) Used free item coupon this week
- Place olive oil in the base of the slow cooker.
- In small bowl, whisk the egg. In another small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese (omit if dairy free!), Italian seasonings and salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg, then coat with the bread crumbs mixture. Then place into the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with handful of shredded mozzarella cheese. Pour marinara sauce over the top.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Just before dinner, prepare your favorite pasta according to package instructions. I choose whole wheat spaghetti noodles.
- Cook frozen spinach as directed on package.
- Serve Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan over Pasta with Spinach.