This decadent and rich chicken will knock your taste buds silly! You’re mixing the deep flavors from chicken thighs, with carrots, tomato and wine sauce. It’s fabulous with rice, pasta and potatoes – so serve it with whatever your heart desires.
Also, you can totally make this with chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins if you’d like 🙂
Slow Cooker Chicken Osso Bucco
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- small yellow onion
- 2 whole carrots
- 1 cup white wine or white cooking wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Side: rice
- Side: veggies
- Place the chicken thighs into the base of the slow cooker.
- Dice the onion into large chunks. Peel and slice the carrots into 1/4-inch circles. Place the onion and carrot pieces around the chicken.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the white wine, chicken stock, tomato paste, minced garlic and Italian seasoning. Pour over the chicken and veggies.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Slow Cooker Chicken Osso Bucco with rice and veggies.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #139.