This decadent and rich chicken will knock your taste buds silly! Youâ€™re mixing the deep flavors from chicken thighs, with carrots, tomato and wine sauce. Itâ€™s fabulous with rice, pasta and potatoes – so serve it with whatever your heart desires.
Also, you can totally make this with chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins if you’d like 🙂
Slow Cooker Chicken Osso Bucco
Just a few steps of prep before tossing this meal into the slow cooker!
Servings - 4 servings
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 whole carrots
- 1 cup white wine or white cooking wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Side: rice
- Side: veggies
- Place the chicken thighs into the base of the slow cooker.
- Dice the onion into large chunks. Peel and slice the carrots into 1/4-inch circles. Place the onion and carrot pieces around the chicken.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the white wine, chicken stock, tomato paste, minced garlic and Italian seasoning. Pour over the chicken and veggies.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Slow Cooker Chicken Osso Bucco with rice and veggies.
Leave a Reply